The DTVSWMSKIT works with all Directv HD receivers. Is compatible with the Genie and the H25.
This kit WILL NOT work with C31 and C41 (AKA mini genie). Equipment model that start with "C" are not receivers meaning they don't work without being connected to a main Genie receiver.
Please look for the model number of your receiver on a label location on the bottom or back of the receiver.
The Directv HD Satellite dish RV tripod kit from Satellite Oasis is the perfect cost effective solution for taking your Directv satellite service with you on the road. If HDTV is what you're after while traveling, this is the ticket. The kit comes with everything you need to get your satellite TV service on the road. All you need is your satellite receiver, your TV, and 120V power and you'll be ready to watch TV.
- Portable Satellite Dish for Directv in HD
- Device can be set up 50ft. from the RV for easy alignment away from trees (can be installed farther with longer coaxial cable lengths).
- Includes the Directv 3 LNBF for HD Satellites: 99, 101, 103. Has 1 output for 1 receiver (multiple receivers can be added with use of a SWiM splitter [not included]).
- Compatible with Directv HDTV and SDTV satellite receivers (Only receives SD programming on SD receivers).
- Instructions for pointing dish included.
What's included in our Directv RVers kit:
- Directv HDTV "Slimline" satellite dish antenna
- Directv 3 LNBF for picking up HD signal. Has 1 outputs for 1 receivers
- 4ft. galvanized tripod with pole and tent stakes
- 50ft - RG6 coaxial cable with professional grade connectors installed
- 3ft - RG6 coaxial cable for connecting LNBF to satellite finder
- F81 double female barrel connector for connecting the 3ft. to 50ft. RG6 coaxial cables when installation is complete
- Military lensatic compass that's liquid filled in a metal housing.
- PI-21 Power Inserter for powering SWiM LNBF
16 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Easy assembly, Try U-Tube for satellite acquisition help, once aligned worked great. Manual could use an update.
Ordered this set up for our RV and backyard fun. Absolutely COULD NOT get a signal no matter what we tried. Followed the directions exactly; used a satellite tracker and dishpointer.com.
Over the phone, DirecTv told us we had a bad LNB. SatelliteOasis set a new LNB. STILL could not get a signal.
Called DirecTv (4th time!) and begged them to send us a technician at a cost of $49 to us. Contrary to what satellite oasis states on their website, DirecTv does NOT like to send techs out for RV/portable systems. But they FINALLY did for us. If you know what you're doing to set up, the phone techs won't be able to help you because you've already completed the route they want to take you through. They DO NOT help you peak the dish!
In the end, the tech discovered that the dish itself was not correctly peaked, EVEN THOUGH we had the azimuth, elevation and tilt all set EXACTLY as it should've been. He did NOT have to tweak anything but the two 'peak bolts' on the back side of the dish and AMAZINGLY we had signal.
We rated this 3 stars, despite the fact that the equipment is fine (equipment gets a 5 star rating):
1. because the dish was sent so far off of 'peak' and the instructions that came with this set said to not mess with the peaking bolts 'unless you have training'. What??!! We can see why some must send this entire system back. FIX THE INSTRUCTIONS to include 'how to peak the dish'
2. you'll need a 1/2" wrench that is NOT included with the set. Get one that ratchets on the end. Please include this with the set.
After putting together dish and leveling with the bubble supplied that is installed at top of tube, I set coordinates as indicated in the receiver and it took about 5 minutes to get a 95 plus signal reading. FANTASTIC!!
Only negative is I didn't receive the blue box with the unit to keep the accessories in.
The ordering process was easy, the kit arrived in 2 days! Setup was straight forward. Advise anyone to ensure their mast is as level as possible before attempting to aim the dish. The compass that was included seems a bit sketchy. I used an app on my phone to determine satellite position then fine tuned my positioning.
I like it, it's easy to set up but pointing the dish proved to be more difficult than I thought it would be. That's the only reason I gave it 4 stars rather than 5. After signal was aquire the system works great.
Item arrived fast and in good shape. Clear instructions for assembly and setup. I would recommend this to anyone wishing to use a mobile HD DirecTV setup. We use this traveling in our camper.
Opened box and assembled very quickly. All parts there along with instructions. Tuning was simple and fine tuning features allowed me to get 95% signal strength. I have a H24 receiver and had to to a reset before system would validate. No other issues.
Everything came nicely packaged and easy to find. I had read a lot of message threads on setting up the satellite dish and you would think that this is brain surgery after reading some of these. I literally was up and running in about 15 - 20 minutes and could probably be faster next time now that I am comfortable putting everything together. Just make sure the elevation and skew are correct for your zip code and then find the correct azimuth. I used an iPhone app which I think is better than the compass in the kit. The post does have to be level and the instructions explain nicely why this is very important. Very satisfied with purchase
Product was shipped quickly, setup was very easy, aiming the satellite is definitely a two person job and a bit of a pain - but I expected that. Overall it worked as expected. I had read a number of the reviews, so i was aware of the potential issue with Wineguard wiring. I installed a separate coax connector on my camper and it worked perfectly